For the longest time, Google Chrome on my Mac refused to update to the latest version. On each attempt it would fail with “update (error 11)”.
After a little Googling, I found a solution that worked for me so am posting it here in case it helps someone else. Here’s how to fix this pesky error:
- Open Finder.
In the top menu, select Go > Go to Folder
- Enter either of the locations below. If the first location doesn’t come up, try the other:
- Double click the file called “CheckForUpdatesNow.command” – the Mac Terminal window will open and execute the command
- Wait until you see the message “[Process completed]”
- Close the Terminal window
- Refresh your Chrome ‘About’ page – the update should complete without showing the error